Contains the plant compounds quercetin and kaempferol
Very high in fiber, much higher than most grains
Gluten-free and perfect for people with gluten intolerance
Very high in protein, with all the essential amino acids
Has a low glycemic index, which is good for blood sugar control
High in important minerals like iron and magnesium
Has beneficial effects on metabolic healt
Very high in antioxidants
May help you lose weight
Easy to incorporate into the diet
- Protein: 8 grams.
- Fiber: 5 grams.
- Manganese: 58% of the RDA.
- Magnesium: 30% of the RDA.
- Phosphorus: 28% of the RDA.
- Folate: 19% of the RDA.
- Copper: 18% of the RDA.
- Iron: 15% of the RDA.
- Zinc: 13% of the RDA.
- Potassium: 9% of the RDA.
- Over 10% of the RDA for vitamins B1, B2 and B6.
- Small amounts of calcium, B3 (niacin) and vitamin E.
Quinoa is non-GMO, gluten-free and usually grown organically. Even though technically not a grain, it still counts as a whole grain food.