A vegan-friendly blend of DHA and vitamin E
- Provides 200 mg DHA from algal oil per daily dose
- Provides 40 IU of vitamin E per daily dose
- Supports neurological function
Neurogen DHA is an effective combination of the omega-3 fatty acid DHA and vitamin E that helps to support neurological health. As vegan and vegetarian diets tend to provide significantly less DHA, algae-derived oils provide a vegan-friendly omega-3 source with a low impact on the ocean ecosystem.1,2 Recent research demonstrates that DHA deficiency decreases the level of brain-derived neurotropic factor in the hypothalamus and hippocampus, which is necessary for brain plasticity and function.3 Neuroprotectin D1, a metabolite of DHA, has also been shown to maintain neuronal cell function after exposure to oxidative stress.4
Size & Format: 30 Capsules
- Lane, K, Derbyshire, E, Li, W, Brennan, C. Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition. 2014; 54:572–579.
- Lenihan-Geels, G, Bishop, KS, Ferguson, LR. Nutrients. 2013; 5: 1301-1315.
- Bhatia, HS, Agrawal, R, Sharma, S, Huo, YX, Ying, Z, Gomez-Pinilla, F. PLoS One. 2011; 6(12): e28451.
- Bazan, NG, Musto, AE, Knott, EJ. Mol Neurobiol. 2011; 44: 216–222.